Friday, August 18, 2006

Slums of Dublin...Part9 (National Ballroom.)

.After the meal, I decided to go home and change, and meet everybody in the Abbey Mooney pub at 9pm....So I head out of the flats and over Johnny Cullen`s hill to East Wall....."Ma, Hey Ma!..Where`s me white ShowaddyWaddy suit and black bumper sneakers?"..."Will ye shut bleedin` up, I`m tryin` to watch Coronation Street...Hilda(Ogden) is makin` a chip buttie for Eddie(Yates)."..."Ah Jayz ma, I have to meet me mot at 9pm."..."I hope yer not still seein` that brazzer from Cabra...Go and get yerself a nice country girl, those brazzers will never cook for ye or wash yer jocks!" So I arrive in the Abbey Mooney to see the three of them already on their third pint. "I see I have a bit of catchin` up to do with yiz!"...As soon as we got inside the door of the National, Ger (as usual) sez to Penelope,.."Do ye want to go to the toilet?"..."Nows our chance to get a bit of smooch from some of the other cuclhie colleens" I said to Paulie. The first one I asked, "Are ye gettin up?"..."No way, who do ye think ye are in that suit ..Shakin` Stevens!"..."Did ye bring yer bleedin` knitting with ye!"...The next one I asked said yes, and even though the song was fast- "Blanket on the ground" by BillieJoe Spears, I wrapped me arms around her to slowdance and did the Russian hands and Roman fingers routine. "You`re to fasht for me." she says, and before I could smooth-talk her, Ger gives me a clatter ..."I`ll bleedin` reef ye" she sez...Well we were boppin to the sounds of Philomena Begley,D.J.Curtin, and Big Tom and the Mainliners, when before ye know it the night was over..."I`m bleedin` starvin" sez Ger, "I`d love a bleedin spiceburger!" We soon discovered we spent all our money in the Abbey Mooney. "No bleedin problem." sez I, "Follow me"... and we went across the street from the National and hopped over the railings into the Garden of Remembrance, and then proceeded to rob all the coins out of the fountain...I figured I had done me bit for the 1916 Rising, what with having suffered a dropkick from Sue across from the GPO, when that mad oulwan with the cross revived me..... Eileen! Just dropping in to say thanks for the wonderful night in your flat in Gardiner St. (Although I was a bit embarrassed with the Pope and John F starin` down at us.) Did ye hear that brazzer from Cabra called you a scrubber. If I was you, I`d bleedin` reef `er.