Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Slums of Dublin...Part7(Ger's Gaffe.)

"But I thought the Grand National was a horse race?" sez Paulie.(He`s a culchie, need I explain!)...anyway Ger is a fine filly...and well-bred...look at Bridie! Well the smell of the coddle wafted out from the kitchen...I was lickin` me eyebrows in anticipation. Then Ger nodded over to me to go in the back room for a "quickie"...(Every time I go to her gaffe, we go in the back for a quickie to get away from Bridie`s prying eyes.)...It was in the back room that she gave me the "bad" news. "Paulie and Penelope have four tickets in the Hogan stand for the big match in Croker on Sunday between Dublin and Kerry, and they want us to go with them." ..."4FuxSake!...Ye know I always have me spot picked out with the lads on Hill 16!"..."If ye go with them, I`ll give ye yer "special!"...I could never refuse one of Ger`s specials, so I reluctantly agreed to go with the culchies....Bridie arrives at the dinner table with a huge pot full of sausages, rashers, carrots, potatoes, etc..."Begob, that’s a grand lookin` "male" there Mrs. O`Kelly" sez Paulie. "Sure yer a fine cook Auntie Bridie, although I can`t say the same for Ger" sez Penelope...Then Bridie roars out "Jacintha! (Ger`s little sister who was in the front room watchin` telly), Come in for yah dinaw."..."Ah ma, I`m watchin` Wanderly Wagon."..."Wandery f**kin` Wagon!, the shite chisselers watch today, in my day they had Daithi Lacha and School around the corner, with Paddy Crosby!...If I ever see that bleedin` FortyCoats in town, I`ll give him such a kick in the b*LL*x...Will ye get bleedin` in her right now!"..."HowYe Jacintha! Do ye have a boyfriend yet?" sez I. "Will ye shut bleedin` up, yer makin` me scarlet!"..