Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Slums of Dublin...Part11 (Confession Box.)

.."Ma, Hey Ma, where`s me silver Gary Glitter outfit and me gold platform shoes?"..."Will ye shut bleedin` up, I`m tryin` to watch QuickSilver with Bunny Carr!". "Ah Jayz ma, I have to meet me mot at 8!"..."If I ever see that brazzer from Cabra `round here, I`ll bleedin` reef her “. I hop on the 53 bus and go upstairs to have a sweet Afton (makin` sure on the way not to crease me Gary Glitter outfit). All the oulwans were upstairs on their way to the Macushla Ballroom for the bingo...They all started slaggin` me..."Hey Gary, D`ye wanna be in our gang!". So I stood up at the top of the bus and gave them an impromptu session... "Come on Come on, Come on Come on". That made their bleedin` night for them. On me way up Marlborough street to catch the Cabra bus, I decided to stop into the Pro-cathedral to say a prayer that the Dubs` would beat that shower a` culchies, Kerry in Croker on Sunday. I passed a creamcracker (knacker) on the steps..."Air a penny for the babbie!"..."Jayz, I`m bleedin` skint meself!"...I walk in and notice the confession box light on , so I decided to take the plunge..."Bless me Father for I have sinned. It`s three months since me last confession"...."Come on, out with it boy!"..."Well ye see father, I have these three mots". ..."Jaysus Christ ye lucky bastard, How`d ye manage that?"..."I just give them the eye Father, and there all bleedin` over me. One of me mots` Caroline, ye should see `er Father. She`s bleedin` gorgeous. She has diddies on her that.." (Sudden interruption)... "Sufferin` Jaysus, its gettin` very bleedin` hot in here!"..."I know what ye mean Father, I`m gettin` the excitement (Angela`s Ashes) just bleedin` thinkin` about her!"..."Where can I meet some of these brazzers?"..."Any of the discos` around town Father...Bubbles is a good place on Sunday at 3pm. The place is bleedin` hoppin` with them". "That’s bleedin sound as a bell. I finish the last mass at 1pm, then it`s off with the collar, up to Briodys for a few scoops, and then Brazzers! Here I come!...So what have ye to confess anyway?". "Well ye see Father, I have to bring the three of them on holliers and I haven’t a pot to piss in, so I robbed the lead of Clery`s roof"...."OKay! if you can fix me up with a brazzer at Bubbles, I`ll let ye off easy...Just say one Our Father, two Hail Mary’s` and one Glory be to the Father"....On me way out, I go over to light a candle for "Heffo`s Army", and I notice that the lock is off the money box. In goes the oul "lamh" and out comes a fistful of twopences. I do a runner out the door, on the way I throw one at the creamcracker. "Don`t spend it all in one go!"...I figure that good deed should be good enough for a goal from Tony Hanohoe on Sunday, or maybe for the "Bomber" Liston to break his leg...